Sunday, March 11, 2007

Crappy Customer Service

So what's the deal with people in service industries who don't seem to care about giving good service? Do they not realize that if they don't give good service, people won't come back and they'll soon go out of business? Maybe people have lowered their expectations and so keep using businesses even if they don't provide kind, courteous service. This all comes out of my frustration with having to go to three UPS stores to finally find one that still had a pick-up that day. The first store I could excuse, because they were dealing with two horrible customers and so didn't have time to focus on me yet. But the second store, who I called to ask if they still had a pick up, and then told them I was on my way--to get the "oh, he just left a minute ago" reply when I got there just 12 minutes later?!? I was so pissed off.

And all of this after a long Saturday, of Spring Break, working.

So I needed a movie. I went to see Little Children. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. The acting was good, and it was pretty, but the character development was lacking. And the trailers made it look like it had a lot more sex in it than it actually did. Even though the lead male was very sexy. My goal is to see at least 5 movies this week. We'll see if that happens.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Firstly, I'm sorry for the lack of sex and general nudity - it's the one reason we go to the movies.

I'd say that shitty service is one of the inevitable and depressing results of a near monopolistic hold upon a market. FedEx could do all kinds of unenjoyable things to you, but you'd have very few options besides them. Sadly, they need incentive to treat you like a desired customer. It seems counterintuitive that companies could treat those upon which they depend like such unwanted things. But when they all act like you're a pain in their asses, you don't have much of a choice. It sucks especially when its not something you can go without.