Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Questioning Bloggers

I've been reading blogs of guys who are at various stages of the coming out process. Since I didn't have the option when I was coming out, I'm interested to find out what the blog does for them. It seems that it can be a venue for airing feelings and thoughts, but I wonder if it keeps them from connecting with real people. Part of coming out includes actually getting out and meeting some other gay folks to see how it is to be out. Do the blogs prevent them from doing that sooner than they would without the blog? Just a thought.

3 comments:

gay, christian and scared shitless said...

I cant seem to find any normal ones in southwest England just to go out for a beer with, lol, they all seem to just want to get in my pants or are proper nutters.

dan said...

i haven't any plan on coming out at any point, I am a Christian and have yet to reconcile the two. I have really enjoyed having a blog because it has connected me with others in the various stages of coming out, but who had the same conservative Christian concerns in doing. the awesome thing is I'm not pushed to come out, or rejected for not having done so. I also have made contact with other guys exactly in my same situation, and there is comfort in knowing I'm not the only one.
... since you asked...:)
good post. later.

Mike said...

Actually just find your blog because someone linked into my blog from your site. Thanks for the link. I wanted to say that finding the blogs has caused me to want to come out. I started mine once I found other people had blogs where they wrote about coming out and I decided I would just take a leap and act on my instincts with another guy. So I don't think it has hampered, but helped me.